Introduction to MEF Member Meetings
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform members of active work taking place across projects and other initiatives
- On-board and educate new member companies and participants
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Conduct LSO Hackathons at selected meetings
- Network with MEF colleagues and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe, such as open source projects and standards organizations
Toronto Annual Members Meeting
Our 3Q 2017 Annual Meeting is typically our largest attended meeting and serves as the backdrop for our Annual Board of Directors Elections.
This is an exciting and busy time for MEF! Coming out of our Members Meeting in Frankfurt we have more than 50 ongoing initiatives to advance the development of Third Network Services and realize MEF's ambitious Vision & Strategy for industry transformation.
Toronto summary agenda
Creating Global Ecosystem Supporting Third Network Services
The Toronto meeting will focus on driving the development of agile, assured, and orchestrated Third Network services for the digital economy and the hyper-connected world.
- Combine the agility & ubiquity of the Internet with the assurance & security of CE 2.0
- Provide an on-demand experience with user-directed control over service capabilities
- Are delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks powered by LSO, SDN, NFV, and CE 2.0
MEF is working closely with world-leading service and technology providers, open source projects, and industry organizations to create a global ecosystem of connected networks that support orchestrated standardized services enabled by standardized open LSO APIs.
MEF Major Work Areas
- Third Network services - including orchestrated Layer 1-3 connectivity services (e.g., wavelengths, CE 2.0, and IP), SD-WAN overlay services, and Layer 4-7 services (e.g., NFV-based virtual security, etc.)
- LSO & open APIs - enabling orchestration across multiple provider networks and multiple technology domains within provider networks (Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G)
- Reference Implementations - OpenLSO, OpenCS, LSO Hackathon, UNITE, MEFnet, MEF Software Developer Community
- Certification programs for services, equipment, professionals - transitioning to an “orchestrated services” certification program, aligning equipment to that and introducing the new MEF-TNF program for professionals
Save the Date! Q4 Raleigh Quarterly Members Meeting: October 23-26 at the Marriott Renaissance Hotel in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Join 1,000+ professionals from 275+ companies and 35+ countries at MEF17 (MEF17.com) on 13-16 November in Orlando, Florida, USA.
Meeting Venue Information
The Annual Members Meeting will be held at the Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada.
The Westin Harbour Castle is located on the shores of Lake Ontario, steps away from the Downtown Core via the PATH, Toronto’s underground covered walkway. Take a walk along the revitalized waterfront, explore Toronto's theatre and entertainment districts and discover delight in all the seasonal fun the neighborhood has to offer.
The Westin Harbour Castle is located within close proximity to the many things to do in Toronto. Check out iconic landmarks, explore history and art museums, cheer on the local sports team and indulge in retail therapy at street markets and shopping plazas.
Self parking is available one block from the hotel at $40 CAD per day. Please proceed to the main entrance of the Westin and the doorman will provide you with a voucher. Alternatively, there are a few independent parking lots nearby and more information can be found here: https://parking.greenp.com/.
Westin Harbour Castle
1 Harbour Square
M5J 1A6, Canada
Main: +1 416 869 1600
Deadline for hotel reservations is June 30 | Book your Hotel by clicking here - or call the hotel directly at +1 416 869 1600
Hotel rates include wi-fi in your guest room. THE MEF RATE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AFTER JUNE 30. ROOMS BOOKED AFTER JUNE 30 WILL BE AT THE RATE OF $349 CAD, BASED ON HOTEL AVAILABILITY. All reservations require a credit card. Cancellations can be made up to 72 hours prior to arrival without penalty or charges. In the event of a cancellation or no-show you will be charged one night's fee.
Interested in Sponsoring? Members Meeting Sponsorships
Upcoming Members Meetings
- Q4 2017 Members Meeting: October 23-26, 2017, Raleigh, NC
- MEF17: November 13-16, 2017, Orlando, FL
- Q1 2018 Members Meeting: Jan 29-Feb 1, 2018
- Q2 2018 Members Meeting: April 23-26, 2018
- Q3 2018 Annual Meeting: July 23-26, 2018
- Q4 2018 Members Meeting: Oct 22-25, 2018
- MEF18: TBD 1st or 2nd week in November