Introduction to MEF Member Meetings
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform members of active work taking place across projects and other initiatives
- On-board and educate new member companies and participants
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Conduct LSO Hackathons at selected meetings
- Network with MEF colleagues and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe, such as open source projects and standards organizations
Raleigh Quarterly Members Meeting
This is an exciting and busy time for MEF! Coming out of the Toronto Annual Meeting we have more than 50 ongoing initiatives to advance the development of Third Network Services and realize MEF's ambitious Vision & Strategy for industry transformation. Ultimately, our work will enable service providers to create a global ecosystem of networks that deliver agile, assured, and orchestrated services for the digital economy and hyper-connected world.
Raleigh Meeting Areas of Focus
- Launching the New Applications Committee – MEF Organizational & Acquisition Announcement
- Orchestration – Developing new LSO Open APIs and LSO specifications
- Software-driven Reference Implementations – Advancing OpenLSO, OpenCS projects, MEFnet, the MEF Software Developer Community and final planning for the MEF17 LSO Hackathon
- Progressing Third Network Services – including orchestrated Layer 1-3 connectivity services (wavelengths, CE 2.0, and IP), SD-WAN managed services, and Layer 4-7 services (e.g., NFV-based virtualized security).
- Preparing for MEF17 and MEF 3.0 Launch – Marketing and Certification will put the finishing touches on plans for our annual flagship event and to release the next generation of agile, assured and orchestrated services.
MEF's Major Work Areas
- Applications - A new Applications Committee is expected to commence work in Raleigh
- Third Network Services - including orchestrated Layer 1-3 connectivity services (e.g., wavelengths, CE 2.0, and IP), SD-WAN managed services, and Layer 4-7 services (e.g., NFV-based virtualized security).
- LSO & open standardized APIs - enabling service orchestration across multiple provider networks and multiple technology domains within provider networks (Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G, etc.)
- Software-driven reference implementations - OpenLSO, OpenCS, LSO Hackathon, UNITE, MEFnet, MEF Software Developer Community
- Certification programs for services, equipment, professionals - transitioning to an “orchestrated services” certification program and aligning equipment and professional certification programs with that.
Save the Date! MEF APAC Special Members Meeting & LSO Hackathon held on January 29 - February 1, 2018. Click here for details.
Join 1,000+ professionals from 275+ companies and 35+ countries at the premier global networking event!
Welcome to Raleigh
The Q4 Members Meeting will be held at the Renaissance Hotel, Raleigh, North Carolina.
Just 15 minutes from RDU International Airport, the Renaissance Hotel offers four-star accommodations in the heart of Raleigh's North Hills area with an abundance of shopping, dining and entertainment options right outside the hotel http://visitnorthhills.com.
Best known for its world-class museums, best of Broadway shows, live concerts, and professional and amateur sporting events, downtown Raleigh has a great restaurant scene and an abundance of local micro breweries. Temperature in October averages 72F (22C).
Renaissance Raleigh North Hills
4100 Main at North Hills Street
Raleigh, NC 27609 USA
Main: +1 919 571 8773
Join us for Hockey Night!!!
The Carolina Hurricanes play the Tampa Bay Lightning at PNC Arena
on Tuesday, October 24 at 7:00pm. Ticket information coming soon...
Hotel reservations deadline October 2, 2017
BOOK YOUR HOTEL by clicking here or - call the hotel directly at +1 919 571 8773.
MEF special rate of $199 USD plus tax includes WiFi in your guest room and breakfast.
This rate is available three (3) days prior and post meeting subject to availability. All reservations require a credit card. Cancellations can be made up to 6:00 PM on the day before arrival without penalty. Any cancellations or no-shows will be charged one night's accommodations of $199 USD + tax.Members Meeting Sponsorships
Remote Meeting Access
While attending in person is most effective, we provide remote access for selected sessions for members who are unable to attend via GoToMeeting - MEF Members Meeting Remote Access
Accessing Meeting Materials
Upcoming Members Meetings
- APAC Special Members Meeting & LSO Hackathon: Jan 29-Feb 1, 2018, Singapore
- Q2 2018 Members Meeting & Euro18 LSO Hackathon: April 23-26, 2018, Athens, Greece
- Q3 2018 Annual Meeting: July 23-26, 2018, Nashville, TN
- Q4 2018 Members Meeting: Oct 22-25, 2018, TBD
- MEF18: TBD late October